In response to the thought question number one, I concur to a certain extent. It is my opinion is that it depends upon the program. For example if you are watching a mindless cartoon, containing colorful witless characters bent on each others destruction, it will most probably lull you into a state of idleness. If in fact you decide to enroll yourself in thought on the scientific phenomenon of the Tesla coil, you would watch a show located the science channel, thus engaging the tool of imagination on the mater of how to power his or her house on a nine volt battery channeled though the a Tesla coil. Books on the other hand force you to use your imagination by placing words on a page that trigger images to form in your mind in doing this, you create a story. My result being that Shakespeare, an intelligent and most wise, would end on the same note as I.
I really enjoyed reading your post, the description
ReplyDeletereading books being my favorite part. I also liked the two examples you gave, they were very descriptive. Really the only thing off I noticed about it was the accidental omission of connective words such as "on" and "man".
But besides that, good job!
Nate Sexton
Ben, I really liked how you compared mindless cartoons to Tesla coils to show the difference between not thinking and imagination!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you weighed and considered both sides of the problem even though you have a definite idea!!!
ReplyDelete