Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I think that Dauphins attitude towards his horse was pride, yes pride in a way that someone has pride for his sports car, in the same way Dauphin was saying his horse is like the Pegasus . 
The reaction of the Constable is that he is tired of the prince's arrogance considering how long he knew him.  Form what I've seen of Dauphin, he does not deserve their respect, when you ask me if they respect the Dauphin.
 Now, in reference to whether or not Pistol speaks french, well, you will know when you read this quote. "Say’st thou me so? Is that a ton of moys?—Come hither, boy. Ask me this slave in French what is his name."  Yes I think not, you see Pistol captured a French gentleman but he could not communicate with the French man.  So he called "The Boy" over who could speak french, thus using the boy to tell his captor, to prepare to die.  Hearing this the French man offered a some of money in exchange for his life, which had profound effect on Pistol.  When Pistol heard this, he agreed to the French man's statement.
 Really, comparing King Henry to Pistol in how they treated their prisoners, to my surprise, it seems that pistol was more merciful.                            

5 comments:

  1. Giving the sports car for comparison was a good idea; it subtly provided better understanding. Funny how the little things make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the quotes. Don't forget to proofread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the analogy of the sports car. The only thing is I wish you had seperated the two answers a little bit... but all in all, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jake the sports car illistration was a good idea. And you did good job with the use of quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the part where you said the Frenchman's offer of lots of money "had a profound effect on Pistol." However, I must agree with August in regards to proofreading.

    NS

    ReplyDelete