Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's kind of interesting what happened to Caesar when he refused the crown.  Antony offered it to him three times, but instead of answering Antony, The Caesar just fell on the ground and had a seizure, also known as the "falling sickness."  And what's even more interesting is how this relates to Cassius's description of Caesar as a "feeble and weak saying that, "Caesar cried, 'Help me, Cassius, or I will sink!' "  I wonder how this foreshadows what is to come. it seems to me like something bad is going to happen to Caesar because, at the beginning of the play you get this, high and mighty Caesar, but then, at the end of the act, he seems troubled and sickly. If you step back and look at it, you see that Caesar, starts to get this down hill momentum.  Now about this mater of what Cassius means when he said "we have the falling sickness" to be quite honest I have no idea what he meant 

6 comments:

  1. Good job stating your thoughts, supporting them with quotes and then bring your thoughts to a close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, plenty of quotes good ideas of your own, and honesty at the end.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, I like where you said Caesar fell down and had a seisure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a sec to understand the "help me or I will sink" quote since you didn't include why Caesar was yelling that but otherwise It was an amazing paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the way you put your quotes in very nice job.:) Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way your writing has a conversational quality - like you would expect to see in a journal/blog. I also like your honesty about not having any idea what Cassius was implying with his comment. Remember - google can be your friend. Sometimes it can help us find ideas about something.....that we can then draw our own opinion/conclusion!

    ReplyDelete