King Henry in my opinion is the perfect example of all christian Kings. He was not a perfect person, but then, not all christian king were perfect either and that's what makes us human. When he gave the order to kill all the french prisoners came to mind when I mentioned my previous statement. And this brings me to the subject of how Henry is to restore peace in France. He is asked by Burgundy, how he intends to bring peace when Henry answers:
"If, Duke of Burgundy, you would the peace,Whose want gives growth to th' imperfections Which you have cited, you must buy that peace With full accord to all our just demands,Whose tenors and particular effects You have, enscheduled briefly, in your hands."
In saying this I believe that, if they agreed to their terms, then there would be peace.
when I was looking though the play I did not find any thing that King Henry said to be implicitly threatening in any way.
very easy to read, I agree I didn't find anything implicitly threatning in the play
ReplyDeleteWhat is your definition of a christian king? What actions does henry perform or traits does he have that support your definition? How does henry refer to the cities of France and what will happen to them if the war continues? Nice job using a quote to give context to your ideas.
ReplyDeleteGood job supporting your view.
ReplyDeleteI disagree completely but that dosen't matter. You support yourself well and and leave little room for argument! So well done.
ReplyDeleteYour point of view seems to be different from everyone else, interesting...
ReplyDeleteI thought you presented your arguments for Henry's case very well, your quotes could be shortened though, but I did like how prominent it was, and how it stood out in the middle of the post.
By the way this is from Nate. :)
DeleteOne more thing, is the lack of a title intentional?
I disagree COMPLETELY, that there were no threatening things in the play... the quote you used is actually quite threatening. Shakespeare like to use sarcasm a lot in his plays, very similar to Monty Python, and Doctor Who (which is even why people like it!) But, I suppose you back your argument.
ReplyDeleteWhile I may not agree with your opinion, it was rather well grounded, and judging the writing alone it really is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteWell done sir, well done.